I love a good silhouetted teaser. The top of that noggin reminds me of the rear end of the rig runner. (Say that 5 times fast!)
There’s been a rush of molten metallics this year, curious if this wave has any of that sfx pvc, or should we expect more earth tones this wave? Mite there be any little guys along for the ride? I still think about that mini-cray you mentioned years back. -Witchwitchwitch
The color theory on this wave was sort of a long gestating, self-imposed mind puzzle of pantones to try and unlock.
Basing the core requirements around the old Rechlen and Aves original "Buildman" hues and "mix-match" body parts approach, I wanted to see how far I could push it with a production assembly of 4 different PVC colors per figure, plus their corresponding 4 secondary colors and a unified accent that was not black.
Each Pantone color is comprised of very specific color blends, so if you study the specifics, sometimes you'll see the hues come together in a fortunate way that aligns with more challenging concepts. It's fascinating where you can travel through the manipulation of just a couple base colors combined with different ratios of black and white.
I'd been steadily studying this stacked PVC style figure idea to coincide with the new Sincro Armor parts as a continuation of the previously mentioned Rechlen and Aves Buildman , and in another case of universal timing, they happened to also parallel those Renegade looking jumble droids in the recent Mando movie, which kind of stole the show for me.
So, if you're looking for some Star Wars adjacent action, this new round might also scratch that itch, right down to the oddball head shapes (keep in mind that I started the sculpts on some of the new Sincro Armor parts back when I was working on the rest of the original set itself).
I myself got hooked at Target by a deeply discounted ActionVerse Guard droid w/ STAP. Fun fact, Toy Pizza heads fit on those droids with a little heat. On that note, any crossovers to look forward to tonight? -Witchwitchwitch
Very excited by the look of this new head. With the way it's shaped, I'm especially excited to keep the Callgrim/Sincro Armor synergy going by slapping it on a Callgrim for a refreshed, chunkier Caliber Dome look to go alongside the skullface's beefed up look.
A belated happy anniversary to the Glyos crew! I appreciate all you folks do!
I like where your mind is going, Noah! The larger "head" definitely was designed to serve many purposes and has a female fit function to allow for lots of potential configurations.
For Callgrim, you'll absolutely be able to whip up a new Calibur Dome build or outfit old' Skullface with a brand-new backpack for dimensional hopping. Word has it that he's been gathering tech for another brutal campaign ...
Congrats on another great year of Glyos and Onell Design! Very excited to see the Sincroarmor updates. I'm liking the look of the teaser, that head is almost neo-renegade style, could this be a hint to how the borgs and renegades are related? I can see red, gray and an almost Ranic looking left arm, is that 3 different PVC colours or paint? (thinking about those 3-way part swapped builds from the Sincroborg debut drop). Also, any hints as to other Sincroarmor updates, will there still be humanoid faces featured, is it time for Ruger to appear?
I outlined the color theory in a post above but will elaborate some more here.
Another big part of the color choices in this new wave revolved around the old "PVC Swap" method we used in the initial years of production, before experimenting with more heavily painted parts.
There is a unique look and feel to a swapped parts factory build that evokes a particular feeling for me, so it was something that I really wanted to incorporate into the core of this specific Sincroborg assortment, much like those custom swapped builds you mentioned above.
In regard to the new parts, they're within the Sincro Armor mold, so the Sincroborg mold itself is still unchanged (for now).
Retired from the Sincro/ Heavy Armor Set are the Heavy Order head, variable small scarf and "Ennosarc" Sincroborg Elder head.
Jesse Moore will continue to offer up some customs that do still include the retired heads from time to time (he made sure to run some extra material stock for internal use before we changed the mold). Outside of that, those specific original parts have now ceased production.
The new parts (there are 3 of them) expand on some more long running ideas and even draw from designs that were featured in the old Microshow booklet.
The endless attempt to "complete" projects that only truly feel right by never actually ending.
I'd always wondered if parts-swapped builds would return as a means to reduce paint and fight rising production/shipping costs but this sounds like you're throwing the kitchen sink at it. I've always loved how the swapped builds looked, especially the 3-way Noboto, so can't wait to see these.
With Renegades and Sincroborgs showing up, is Sarvo Halos a figure we might see when these two factions reach their apex?
And on the topic of the Microshow booklet, it'd be great to see Onell return to printed media at some point, a Glyos artbook is something I would absolutely love to see and own.
Seems like a good time for some renegades to come and augment their imperfect, yet continually improving, mechabrethren.
Any pink this time around? Still waiting for the fabled metallic magenta wave, although the fable might have been a cybernetically induced fever dream.
Zen! The imperfect linework of the Renegades and Sincroborg are absolutely intersecting and will continue to scribble together into one strange mechasketch.
No pink this time, but there is one color that I do think you'll somewhat dig.
Sincroborgs "pulse" in parallel to how an "organic" being might breathe. What would be the equivalent of how they might dream? What are they actually made of? Something like soft stone, worn wood or maybe malleable metal?
Love the Sincroborg, easily my 2nd favorite figure of yours (first is the Buildman), so I'm psyched to see it showing up again. Also MIND BLOWING that Glyos is almost 20 years old. Lords of Light, where did the time go. 🤯
Thanks Chris! I'm happy you like those guys. Sort of makes sense since we both like adding stacked linework to certain characters, be it rock men or robot types.
I try not to think too much about how old we're all getting, but my shoulder, elbow and wrist like to remind me on the regular. Thank you, New England winters.
I love that recent wave Jesse and the boys rolled out, Zayre being a particular favorite.
Strange factoid: As kids, Jesse and I saw each other in a Zayre in Beverly, years before we would become friends at college. My bowl cut, giant glasses and crooked teeth were apparently unforgettable.
I love a good silhouetted teaser. The top of that noggin reminds me of the rear end of the rig runner. (Say that 5 times fast!)
ReplyDeleteThere’s been a rush of molten metallics this year, curious if this wave has any of that sfx pvc, or should we expect more earth tones this wave? Mite there be any little guys along for the ride? I still think about that mini-cray you mentioned years back. -Witchwitchwitch
Now I can't stop saying that.
DeleteThe color theory on this wave was sort of a long gestating, self-imposed mind puzzle of pantones to try and unlock.
Basing the core requirements around the old Rechlen and Aves original "Buildman" hues and "mix-match" body parts approach, I wanted to see how far I could push it with a production assembly of 4 different PVC colors per figure, plus their corresponding 4 secondary colors and a unified accent that was not black.
Each Pantone color is comprised of very specific color blends, so if you study the specifics, sometimes you'll see the hues come together in a fortunate way that aligns with more challenging concepts. It's fascinating where you can travel through the manipulation of just a couple base colors combined with different ratios of black and white.
I'd been steadily studying this stacked PVC style figure idea to coincide with the new Sincro Armor parts as a continuation of the previously mentioned Rechlen and Aves Buildman , and in another case of universal timing, they happened to also parallel those Renegade looking jumble droids in the recent Mando movie, which kind of stole the show for me.
So, if you're looking for some Star Wars adjacent action, this new round might also scratch that itch, right down to the oddball head shapes (keep in mind that I started the sculpts on some of the new Sincro Armor parts back when I was working on the rest of the original set itself).
I love when timing like this happens.
I myself got hooked at Target by a deeply discounted ActionVerse Guard droid w/ STAP. Fun fact, Toy Pizza heads fit on those droids with a little heat. On that note, any crossovers to look forward to tonight? -Witchwitchwitch
DeleteExciting! I remember a lot of talk about new tech for Glyans and Armorvors. Might our beloved Glyguys make a return this wave? 💚 - Ven
ReplyDeleteHey Ven! The Glyans are still currently sidelined for this round, but they will return very soon.
DeleteGlyans inbound?
ReplyDeleteStill outbound.
DeleteWooooo, Sincroborgs!!! Are you willing to share many PVC colors are happening this drop?
ReplyDelete5 different PVC colors for this round, each one tying back to the earliest days of doing this.
DeleteHappy anniversary, Glyos Gang! And happy to see the Sincroborgs back in action!
ReplyDeleteWill we be seeing the Sincroborgs and Renegades put in appearances this wave as well?
Hey Roy! You will absolutely see some Renegade action along with the Sincroborgs. Their connections continue to grow closer and closer ...
DeleteAwesome! And I meant to write "Sincromites" there, but I see down below that they're on deck, too!
DeleteExcited to see what's in store — especially with the multiple colors of PVC...
Woo-hoo, sincros! I am stoked! Can't wait to see the colors for this wave. With what looks like new parts coming, will any parts be retired?
ReplyDeleteThe retired parts are the original heads in the Sincro (Heavy) Armor Set.
DeleteCould it be the new glyan parts?
ReplyDeleteNo new Glyan parts this time.
DeleteVery excited by the look of this new head. With the way it's shaped, I'm especially excited to keep the Callgrim/Sincro Armor synergy going by slapping it on a Callgrim for a refreshed, chunkier Caliber Dome look to go alongside the skullface's beefed up look.
ReplyDeleteA belated happy anniversary to the Glyos crew! I appreciate all you folks do!
I like where your mind is going, Noah! The larger "head" definitely was designed to serve many purposes and has a female fit function to allow for lots of potential configurations.
DeleteFor Callgrim, you'll absolutely be able to whip up a new Calibur Dome build or outfit old' Skullface with a brand-new backpack for dimensional hopping. Word has it that he's been gathering tech for another brutal campaign ...
Congrats on another great year of Glyos and Onell Design!
ReplyDeleteVery excited to see the Sincroarmor updates. I'm liking the look of the teaser, that head is almost neo-renegade style, could this be a hint to how the borgs and renegades are related?
I can see red, gray and an almost Ranic looking left arm, is that 3 different PVC colours or paint? (thinking about those 3-way part swapped builds from the Sincroborg debut drop).
Also, any hints as to other Sincroarmor updates, will there still be humanoid faces featured, is it time for Ruger to appear?
As always, Watcher- level observant. I love it.
DeleteI outlined the color theory in a post above but will elaborate some more here.
Another big part of the color choices in this new wave revolved around the old "PVC Swap" method we used in the initial years of production, before experimenting with more heavily painted parts.
There is a unique look and feel to a swapped parts factory build that evokes a particular feeling for me, so it was something that I really wanted to incorporate into the core of this specific Sincroborg assortment, much like those custom swapped builds you mentioned above.
In regard to the new parts, they're within the Sincro Armor mold, so the Sincroborg mold itself is still unchanged (for now).
Retired from the Sincro/ Heavy Armor Set are the Heavy Order head, variable small scarf and "Ennosarc" Sincroborg Elder head.
Jesse Moore will continue to offer up some customs that do still include the retired heads from time to time (he made sure to run some extra material stock for internal use before we changed the mold). Outside of that, those specific original parts have now ceased production.
The new parts (there are 3 of them) expand on some more long running ideas and even draw from designs that were featured in the old Microshow booklet.
The endless attempt to "complete" projects that only truly feel right by never actually ending.
I'd always wondered if parts-swapped builds would return as a means to reduce paint and fight rising production/shipping costs but this sounds like you're throwing the kitchen sink at it. I've always loved how the swapped builds looked, especially the 3-way Noboto, so can't wait to see these.
DeleteWith Renegades and Sincroborgs showing up, is Sarvo Halos a figure we might see when these two factions reach their apex?
And on the topic of the Microshow booklet, it'd be great to see Onell return to printed media at some point, a Glyos artbook is something I would absolutely love to see and own.
Yes! Will we continue to ride the high and get more Armorvors?!?
ReplyDeleteNo Armorvor action in this wave, but there will be a decent selection of parts that match the recent Faded Gray Liocarrus.
DeleteCalloused fingers crossed for some mite action!
ReplyDeleteThose calloused fingers worked, there will be some Mites in the mix.
DeleteOoh neat, borg bits.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting. I cannot wait to see the rest. Of course I am hoping for a Gobon and Noboto.
ReplyDeleteHey Michael, you will see a Gobon-like Renegade, but no Noboto.
DeleteNow that looks familiar…and different.
ReplyDeleteSeems like a good time for some renegades to come and augment their imperfect, yet continually improving, mechabrethren.
Any pink this time around? Still waiting for the fabled metallic magenta wave, although the fable might have been a cybernetically induced fever dream.
Do Sincroborgs dream of Metallic magenta sheep?
DeleteI like to think so like with the androids and sheep.
DeleteZen! The imperfect linework of the Renegades and Sincroborg are absolutely intersecting and will continue to scribble together into one strange mechasketch.
DeleteNo pink this time, but there is one color that I do think you'll somewhat dig.
Sincroborgs "pulse" in parallel to how an "organic" being might breathe. What would be the equivalent of how they might dream? What are they actually made of? Something like soft stone, worn wood or maybe malleable metal?
Love the Sincroborg, easily my 2nd favorite figure of yours (first is the Buildman), so I'm psyched to see it showing up again. Also MIND BLOWING that Glyos is almost 20 years old. Lords of Light, where did the time go. 🤯
ReplyDeleteThanks Chris! I'm happy you like those guys. Sort of makes sense since we both like adding stacked linework to certain characters, be it rock men or robot types.
DeleteI try not to think too much about how old we're all getting, but my shoulder, elbow and wrist like to remind me on the regular. Thank you, New England winters.
𒈱 ᕦ ⊙෴⊙ᕤ Yayy. Hmmm… i bet he smells better too!
ReplyDeleteSweet Sincroborg Skulls! Wondering if this fella meshes well with the recent Zayre Mk II Grim drop? Chris M.
ReplyDeleteI love that recent wave Jesse and the boys rolled out, Zayre being a particular favorite.
DeleteStrange factoid: As kids, Jesse and I saw each other in a Zayre in Beverly, years before we would become friends at college. My bowl cut, giant glasses and crooked teeth were apparently unforgettable.
Looking forward to some new Sincro action! Hope all is well!
ReplyDeleteBrett
oh boy oh boy more gleepos
ReplyDeleteA nice sunday experience pushed into the rat race bone grinder that is the work week
ReplyDeleteAh yes, it's almost tradition to push the drop back another day by now. Interesting phenomenon... Will this continue to be the theme for every drop?
ReplyDelete