5.23.2013

Flex Form Zero

The build above is an exercise in pushing the old classic "heroic" form a little more by using the new Swing Joints. The form follows the old Glyoborg design a bit, at least in the proportions of the parts arrangement.

I've been carrying this guy around for a few weeks (making small adjustments here and there) and the joints have held up solidly under very heavy play and general pocket abuse. The range of motion is pretty good, and the Swing Joints add a neat aspect to the actual feel of the figure in hand.

Originally I had a different chest assembly, but something about the painted areas on the Hub top looked neat in conjunction with the scarf "belt". The shape brings a unique look to the midsection, as opposed to the combination that was initially there, which was a stack consisting of a small axis disc and a Gobon disc. I also had complete small Axis Joints at the shoulders and hips for a bit, but I kind of like the above construction a little more now.

I'll probably change it around again next week.

Hope you guys get a kick out of this build!


8 comments:

  1. OK that one, I want. Sell those in the store ASAP please

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gets me is just how "clean" the design looks. The painted details just add to the flow of everything, really creating the impression of a high-tech flight suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to build him to take to florida next week! that's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The poses you can get that guy to hold... absolutely incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the Axis/Swing combo at the shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic design, both in the pieces and in the build. It's bumping up on prohibitively expensive for me though. Four swing joint sets, a glyan, a hub, and an axis set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very dynamic, I like it.
    Very happy with the added poseability of the swing joints.

    ReplyDelete