1.20.2012

9:30 PM EST Tonight

We are on track for a 9:30 PM EST launch tonight! An extra half hour gives us a little bit to finalize a couple things that we think will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, I will post a few of the more out there builds I have been working on since the Blocks came stacking and chopping their way into our house!

First up: Heavy Armored Block Trooper-Cane's Custom Version!

This meatball was created by lots of cutting and fitting, but using no adhesives. Everything was measured and installed using a knife and heat gun. Temperature manipulation makes things 100% easier when customizing with vinyl (and the regular PVC parts for that matter).
This figure is comprised of Armodoc parts, Rig parts, Block parts and Runner parts. I'll have an exploded view up in the next few days. The Phase Cannons can slide off, revealing Armodoc arms. The Phase Blockers can be removed, as well as the Block "skirt" -which rests over an Armodoc inner pelvis assembly. The "head" is made from the back of the Runner (WARP Bike) and was originally conceived to be used for things like this. You can actually see a trace of a mechanical looking Pheyden face on this small piece, right down to the three "teeth".
Makes sense that the front of a Warp Bike has the tough face of Callgrim and the bum is based on Pheyden's bulbous noggin!



14 comments:

  1. Wowzers...

    And now I gotta rethink my purchasing plan for the evening...again. lol

    Can't wait to see more builds with the Block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Arctic Assault Armored Cane is part of the update :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NO way I have time to build this myself, but if you put it up for sale, I'll certainly buy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa.
    I think I have to get into customizing now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good, everyone else buy black blocks, I just want a few of the EMD ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool, Matt! Can't wait to see the exploded view!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No adhesives??? That's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Onestly the drawing do not persuaded me, but see him in 3d is different, it is fascinating.
    Onestly, if i' m unsure if buy black blocs or colored one...If ii can get somethings...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I know what that head reminds me of! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl8Y4IRGIJs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooo that's pretty kick ass Matt. O_O Can't wait to see the exploded view!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What did you add to cane to make him WAY more badass here?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have recently started a blog, the info you provide on this site has helped me greatly. Thank you for all of your time & work.
    Triplett 8115 CobraCam 2 Portable Inspection Camera and Video Monitor

    ReplyDelete
  13. whoah this weblog is magnificent i like reading your articles. Keep up the good paintings! You already know, a lot of persons are searching around for this information, you could aid them greatly.
    Sorel Women's Cate The Great Boot

    ReplyDelete