10.28.2016

Ninja Zone

We recently had the great David White of Mecha Zone /Mechanauts fame and his equally awesome wife Melissa out for a visit, and spent some long overdue time catching up.

One big subject that David and I really connect on is the world of old school video games from the 80's and early 90's. A prime example of that time frame is Sega's Revenge of Shinobi (though I think my obsession with the game was a little more bananas than David's). After checking out our latest wave while we were in the barn, I asked if David would mind rendering an illustration of our new Shinobi tribute figure, Glyninja Koshiro. Within a day he had sent over the drawing shown above! Not only is he talented, but he's also crazy quick.

Thank you for the amazing image David! 

For those of you who would like to explore more of the Mecha Zone/ Mechanauts universe, click over to David's main site. Also, be sure to check out his current Robot Sketches Kickstarter, which features lots of killer drawings from across the classic sci-fi spectrum that we all love.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Matt. It was a blast coming out to Glyoss central and a true pleasure to finally meet Michelle. I'll have to come out again some time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revenge of shit nobody was my single favorite game growing up I still have my copy complete and in pristine condition. I pull it out every now and again and kick Neo-zeed's rump. I'm glad you released this figure, thank you so much it means a lot to me personally. It's amazing, I just ordered one.

    ReplyDelete