9.30.2016

The New Standard

A familiar face returns...

This Sunday, October 2nd, at 9pm Eastern, Mark I of Standard Bit Pheyden hits the official Bit Figs shop. This is the very first deluxe Mega Bit Pheyden set, featuring painted eyes and limbs on both 3" and 1" versions. Also available will be a matching "Pheyden Blue" exclusive 10-pack featuring both series 1 Ninjas and Animals.

This small release marks a pretty big moment for us here at Onell Design. Not only was Pheyden the first full-production Glyos figure, he was also the first character I attempted to create pixel art with. To see our flagship Traveler go from paper to PVC to video and back to PVC has been quite a unique journey. Those who've been with us for a while have seen Pheyden rebuilt, recolored, scarred, and now downgraded (in size and resolution). The full circle cliché in this case is more of a square, and personally I couldn't be any happier with how things have fallen into place. The pixel art elements of Onell remains my favorite contribution to Glyos, and continues to be an area where Matt and I really feed off each others energy and passion, even if it's more behind the scenes these days. The fact we now have a "Passcode Playset" of sorts is something we hope everyone reading this can enjoy as much as we will.

Check back Sunday night to grab a Bit of Glyos history.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet! I'll be in for sure! That's my all time favorite color for these Glyos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Beautiful, that Blue is so intense. Can't wait to get these in hand. Any big surprises for this drop? Will we be seeing the Phase Green this drop as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing from the Phase dimension this round, but there will be a small treat or two...

      Delete
  3. Of all nights to have a concert! Gosh, they really look awesome in the Pheyden blue. And paint apps? Killer! Here's hoping a few linger until the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in the same boat, Animal Collective tonight for the first time in my home town! I'll still try my luck online during the opening act me thinks ;)

      Delete