12.27.2012

Mother Of Gobon

Hello Glyos Community!

Happy (almost) New Year! This is Michelle, the behind-the-scenes invoicing and processing part of the Onell team. On behalf of myself and the rest of the crew, I would like to extend warm holiday greetings and a hearty thank you to everyone who places orders and takes an interest in what we do. Since I do all of the invoicing, I know many of you by name even if I have never met or spoken with you in person. Your consistent orders and patience with our mistakes are never taken for granted, I can assure you!

As 2012 draws to a close, I find myself contemplating my role in the future of Glyos more and more. When Matt and I started working together over 15 years ago, our dream was to be a husband and wife creative team. Rechlen and Aves was his baby, and Sidrick was mine. As the years passed, our creativity took us in different directions; Pheyden was born, and not long after were the (actual) births of our kids Cady and Cirie. Needless to say, my quiet evenings spent drawing with Matt were replaced with sleepless nights and wiping butts! (Wow, that sounds like a bad country song.) Anyway, with our little one entering kindergarten in the fall, I see those dreams beginning to reemerge for me personally. It will be a slow reentry, but I will try and have more of a presence on here in 2013 and beyond.

So with that being said, the next couple of blog posts will focus on a character that is near and dear to my heart: Gobon. This outer space relic has appeared in many of the Glyos Passcodes as well as in Sidrick's favorite comic Monsters vs Robots. Matt and I co-created this guy while we were sitting in the lobby of a Saturn dealership buying our first car together - not sure what that says about our taste in cars, but hopefully our collaborative efforts make up for it!


11 comments:

  1. Michelle, thank YOU for everything you do. I think a lot of us feel like we know you as well; all of those checkmarks we see and the little thank you notes we get that make every drop that much more personable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Gobon is my all out favorite! I love that stout little robot guy and look forward to learning more about him. I have several in my collection now, and hope to go back and try to collect as many of the ones that I have missed that I can.

    Thanks for all that you do, I can't imagine how you guys keep everything as organized as you seem to and still get things shipped out as quickly as you do.

    Looking forward to what you have in store for us in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need a Gold Gobon simply so he can be named "Goldbon"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! 2013 is looking awesome! Really looking forward to hearing more from the other members of the Glyos Crew. Any chance we can get a Sidrick comic on the site Michelle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back, Michelle! Thanks for all of your help behind-the-scenes, and can't wait to see what you bring to the table in 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michelle! I always regretted never picking up the Sidrick comics back when they were on the site. I'm hoping to meet you eventually! I need to give you guys a call

    ReplyDelete
  7. My new favorite is Gobon, and I plan to get a few more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We seriously need a custom Gobon with a paint app that looks just like this picture... :D

    Thanks Michelle, you guys all rock! Gobon is a load of fun. In my own Glyoverse, I like to imagine them as friendly cyborgs with the alternate head in the belly being a living disembodied "pilot" brain buried deep inside. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gobon's not just my favorite, my wife Christine loves him, too! The only Glyos figures she's had have been Gobon, and sometimes i have to keep watch on mine so they dont migrate to her shelves. lol Thanks for the behind the scenes info, loking forward to seeing what else you have coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds awesome Michelle, I for one am really looking forward to what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete